Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A scarf for a boy, worn by a girl


Done done diddly. I'd like to thank Yarns on Collie, American Express, The Freo knitters, ABC TV and iView and most of all the lovely Mister for whom all this labour was for. Quite frankly I am so relived it is over and I don't have to do endless rows of seed/single moss any more. What peeves me slightly is that he hasn't worn it yet and thus I am yet to get a photo of the finished product on its intended recipient. So here I am.

Behind me you will see the other fruit of my procrastinating labour, the new upstairs bookshelf. Built by my very clever father, assisted by Mister. For years we have had teetering stacks of books scattered around the house, next to peoples' beds, on the stairs, on the tables and side tables, on top of other books on bookshelves etc. Thanks to the new bookshelf, we have real estate for approximately 600 novel sized books. Four and a half of the ten shelves have been filled by me in an attempt to justify not studying for my looming exams. This shelf filling means our bigger books have places to go on various other bigger bookshelves. Yay! I could spend my whole exam period happily re-arranging our family library. But I shan't. I shall be good and get back to studies now. After I have a spot of lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment