Saturday, April 18, 2009

SnB virgin no more


Just went to my first knitting group. It was wonderful! It is a very small group so far.. just me and two other girls. Susan and Caroline at the Merchant in Freo. We think we might have enticed one of the waitresses to join us next time too. I cast on AGAIN for the twisted drop stitch vest. This time it is turning into a not-cardigan. A proper vest, as opposed to a split one as Jo Sharp had it. It got a bit confusing there for a while and some errors were made. The joining the round where no join is required kind. We will see how it progresses. I switched over half way through to my Ysolda Grown Up Booties. MUCH less thought required. More time for chatting. It was a grand morning/afternoon.

On a completely different note, must get Mister to teach me how to take well lit photos. My colour accuracy is something I really need to work on.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the late reply - I only just saw your comment about spinning. Bilby Yarns in.. Bibra Lake, I think? is the best source of spinning-stuff in Perth. They're really, really nice. I 'inherited' my wheel off my mum, luckily. I really didn't take to it at first, and gave up. Someone at my S'n'B (Mt Lawley) had a drop spindle, and let me play, and I learned to draft better on that, but it's too slow for my liking so I moved onto the wheel. A lovely girl from Ravelry (MadRadish) has been helping me out a bit with that.

    ReplyDelete